Pre-Conference Event: Fri., Sept. 27, 2019, 7-8:30 p.m.
Main Conference: Sat., Sept. 28, 2019, 8 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Meeting Rooms at New Hope Presbyterian Church
3737 New Hope Way, Castle Rock, CO 80109
INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE DAY
- “Business casual” attire is suggested. Agents and publishers may want to see how you present yourself.
- CRW provides breakfast snacks (yogurt, boiled eggs, granola bars, and rolls). Lunch will be buffet-style, including gluten-free and vegetarian items. Feel free to brown-bag anything else you need to fulfill your dietary needs. Afternoon snacks will be served. Coffee, tea, and ice water are available all day.
- Bring your own water bottle and coffee mug to help keep our conference green! Milk and various sweeteners are available.
- Re-charging outlets are minimal, so CRW suggests you bring your laptop fully charged and charging cords if you have to recharge.
- Please bring a spiral or composition notebook for hand-written notes. Each conference folder only has a few pieces of paper.
Directions to conference: Take I-25 to Exit 183, Meadows/Founders (Factory Outlets exit). Go west. Cross over Santa Fe (Highway 85). Turn left onto Prairie Hawk Drive. Turn right onto New Hope Way. Turn right into the parking lot.
Lost? Contact Director Alice Aldridge-Dennis, 303-521-8615 or Mike Dennis, set-up coordinator, 303-521-8610 (The church office will be closed that day).
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Conference Day Schedule
Registration & folder pickup
Continental Breakfast in Gathering Room.
8:30 to 8:45 a.m.
Welcome in the Gathering Room
8:45 to 10 a.m.
General Workshop for All Writers in Gathering Room
The Novelistas—Sara and Susan “Improv for Writers”
Silent Auction open
Book Tables open
Workshop Session #1
CRW recommends choosing one track for the day.
– Children’s/Middle Grade
– Fiction (includes YA & memoir)
Lunch in Gathering Room
12:45 to 1 p.m.
Silent Auction—Last Bids
Book Tables—Author Signings
1 to 2:15 p.m.
Workshop Session #2
2:15 to 2:45 p.m.
Silent Auction Winners Announced & Payment
Closing Remarks in Gathering Area
2:45 to 4 p.m.
Workshop Session #3
Book Tables Open
4: 15 p.m.
Conference Closes: Keep on Writing!
Locations of Breakout Rooms: follow the arrows on the floor on Conference Day
- Castle Rock Room (next to facility kitchen)
- The Underground (downstairs from the Gathering Room)
- Area 56 (go downstairs from Registration Desk or take elevator)
- Perea Place (go downstairs from Registration Desk or take elevator)