Castle Rock Writers is a Colorado non-profit corporation dedicated to supporting writers in the region. The group holds a yearly conference and free monthly workshops on the first Monday of most months at the Philip S. Miller Library in Castle Rock.
The mission of the Castle Rock Writers is to provide education and support to aspiring and published writers in our region and beyond, through on-going critique groups, training events, workshops and writers conferences.
Our vision is to facilitate learning opportunities for Colorado writers. We will accomplish our vision by providing the following:
- tools to acquire and strengthen skills for the written word
- opportunities to engage with and understand the publishing industry
- possibilities for networking growth
- constructive feedback to individuals on their presented work
- resources to writers from youth to adult
- We will honor our participants by recognizing their need for a variety of informational forums and resources.
- We will honor the voices of our participants by only allowing constructive and supportive parameters for our workshopping groups.
- We will provide high-value conferences for a reasonable fee that will address various mainstream genre interests and industry trends.
- We will continue to educate ourselves on the art and craft of writing.